I used some of my home-printed dice holders to keep track of casualties but it was a bit of a pain keeping track of them and making sure the right one stayed with the right unit.
With a bit of time on my hands I thought I'd have a go at designing something that would keep the die with the unit.
I designed a sabot that's 1mm thick and 3mm larger than my standard 30x60mm base in all directions. I then added a 1mm high wall around the edge and a 2mm high socket for a D6.
Adding a unit of Cossacks and a 7.5mm D6 we end up with...
I'm thinking that maybe a white D6 could be used to indicate strength points from 6 down to 1. A Green die could be used for strength 12 down to 7 for these Russian infantry of Sweden's Regiment, replacing it with a white die when they reached half strength...
I can also use other colours to distinguish between unit qualities. Perhaps these Tartars are "Elite" with their blue die...
The next step was to paint the bases and add a bit of flock...
2 comments:
Those are very smart and I'm sure they will work better than my magnetic ones (if you grip them too tightly bases fly off in all directions as there is no lip!,)
Cheers Martin! Let's see how these go in practice when I've printed and painted enough.
Post a Comment