Friday, October 3, 2014

Paint problems

It was, as Mr Fry would have it, Quite Interesting.  I finished a new 28mm figure in the form of this Sartarite Thane:

Knowing he was intended for my Song of Blades and Heroes Pavis Project and would therefore be subject to handling and possibly being lain down on abrasive terrain, I decided he should have gloss varnish and then matt over the top.

Strangely, however, the areas painted in Vallejo Black Green (the sleeves and the trip of his mail hauberk) lifted badly when I applied the gloss coat.  On those areas alone the white undercoat was revealed.

What you see now is a repaint with Vallejo Bronze Green, which seems to show no such problems.

No comments: