I ordered two of the rotors designed for the Westland Lynx and two for the Mil Hind or Hip. I also ordered a single AH-64 Apache rotor. Sadly I completed the order without remembering to add on some tail rotor discs.
The discs come with one side covered by a blue coating that you need to peel off. This can be a little tricky. I get the impression that heat used to cut out the disc may slightly weld the plastic coating to the disc. Here are a couple of four-blade Lynx rotors, one with the coating removed.
I tried a Mi-8 Hip first as it had a nice, clean surface into which I could drill a hole for the length of pin I intended to use to mount the rotor.
I snipped about 5mm off the head end of the pin to act as the rotor head gear. I carefully superglued the pin to the disc (which comes pre-drilled) and then superglued the pin into the drilled hole. The result was OK I think.
Note, that's the original tail rotor disc that came with the model. It's noticeably yellowed compared to the Hurlbat disc.
Among the helicopters I need to upgrade are a couple of Pumas. Hurlbat don't make a Puma disc (it wants to be four bladed and 52mm in diameter but I thought I'd have a go trying out the smaller Apache disc.
Below you can see a Puma with an Apache disc next to one with the original, cast, white metal rotors.
I think that looks OK. I shall invest in a couple more as well as the large number of Chinook discs I need for my seven Boeing Sea Knights!
More photos to come when I get the rest of the current batch of helos upgraded.