The box contains four identical sprues, each with parts to make three riders and horses. This means that, with the riders consisting of a main piece (torso, legs, upper arms and lower left arm) to which we add a choice of lower right arms and heads, the choice of rider poses will be somewhat limited. Slightly disappointing, that.
The riders wear over-tunics with short baggy sleeves beneath which is a tight-sleeved undergarment. This gives them a vaguely Norman look although a quick look through Barker's Armies and Enemies of Ancient Rome and Heath's Armies of the Dark Ages 600-1066 reveals no illustrations that match this look.
We get a choice of four right arms with spears and two with swords. Hands holding axes can be substituted and one of more spearheads could be replaced with a Draco head. I replaced the spears of my Late Roman Infantry with wire ones. It was a bit of a faff; I may stick with the moulded-on plastic ones this time.
There are enough shields to give the resulting unit all oval or all round shields or of course you could mix them up. A quick check shows that the oval shields are identical to those in the Late Roman Infantry set.
Eight heads per sprue are nice and characterful, though I note that Dan Mersey has questioned one of the helmet designs. Personally I think I'll mix in some heads from the Roman set as I plan to use these guys for the Arthurian period.
Oh and finally, the box contains twelve 50mm square bases. I'll not be using them.