Monday, October 1, 2018

Arboriculture Completed

It's taken a while but I have now finished those sprue-based trees.  So to recap:

Tree skeleton made from glued and melted lengths of sprue.  Stick to bases; I used plastic card glued to artist's mounting board:


Build up the bark with Green Stuff:


Paint dark grey having 'glooped' the base:


Drybrush lighter grey and paint base:


Add foliage by gluing on Woodland Scenics Poly Fiber:


Like this:


The paint with watered down PVA and dip into Woodland Scenics flock:


I then sprayed them with hairspray to keep the flock in place.

I think they'll do.


No comments: