Tuesday, August 6, 2019

If it's August, this must be Claymore

So that's the third time I've been up to Edinburgh for the Claymore show.  It's almost like it's my local event! Well to be honest, I love Edinburgh as a city - even at Festival time.  I'll be back there later in the year.

I did manage to get the three packs of Thirty Years War cavalry I was after from Baccus.  I also bought some pike and shot era civilians (28mm this time) from Warlord and from a box of figures going cheap on one of the trade stands.  From Richard and Mark on the Scotia Grendel stand I bought one resin dungeon bits that will add detail to my foam-core tunnel complex.  And finally, I also bought a pack of 28mm farm animals from Magister Militia.  These will see action in a future Sharp Practice game.

That aside, here are some pics of games at the show.

This lovely Gordon-at-Khartoum diorama was alongside a very pretty looking Sudan war game by The Iron Brigade...


The stone fort was very nice.  It's a remarkably lightweight resin and cast foam structure from a German manufacturer and apparently comes ready painted!


Spot the ubiquitous Renedra tents!




There was a large, 28mm Vietnam (Hue?) game by a group I'd not come across before called SPIT Wargames.  According to a tee-shirt I saw this stands for something like "Stupid Projects in 28 Mil"!


Interesting way of doing flight stands...




The Falkirk and District club did the SAS raid on Pebble Island.  Don't think I've ever soon so many Pucaras at one time...



One of the prettiest games was this Great Northern War Russians v Turks set up.  I think it was by the League of Augsburg guys....






Although I'm not a fan of Wild West games (or movies come to that), I was very impressed the Kirriemuir club's terrain...



It was nice to see a To The Strongest game in play and Claymore Castings' Harlaw 1411 looked good...



Finally, among the prettiest games on offer was this Napoleonic naval action by the Border Rievers...




3 comments:

A J said...

Looks like a great day out.

uglyfatbloke said...

Would you mind if we nicked the pics of our Hue game from Claymore for our S.P.I.T. wargames Facebook page?

Counterpane said...

@ uglyfatbloke - please do!