Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Stary Boleslav - more preparation

Preparation for the Stary Boleslav game continues. The Czechoslovak players have chosen their support options and the Soviet players are well on with theirs. This gives me the chance to start sorting out the models for the various units.

I don't think it's giving away too much important intelligence when I say that the picture below shows a large proportion of the Soviet forces.


One of the Motor Rifle Battalions needs a few more trucks. At least one of the players can provide these but I'm also running off a few with the 3D printer in case of last minute cancellations.


Another MRB was just one short of the requisite number of trucks. I decided it was not impossible that in 1948 they might have kept a single SdKfz 251/1 captured during the Great Patriotic War. 


The two Soviet player teams are submitting their competing choices for support elements. When that process is done I'll print off a couple of sheets to organise those additional units.
 
It's fascinating to see what the Soviet teams are picking. I can't wait to see how the choices play into their plans on the day. I shall be urging all of the players to remember that "A piss-poor plan violently executed is better than no plan at all!"


2 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Excellent 😃 Looking forward to the weekend and trying to stop this lot 👍

Tales from Shed HQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.