Monday, May 6, 2024

A recent discovery

Stella's aunt has recently moved into a care home in London and we have most of the former contents of her flat in storage up here in Sheffield. Among the boxes of material we found this:

So that's an excuse to dig out some pictures of my own anti-fascist protection rampart:



This simple representation of the wall was something I knocked up quickly to enable me to run a Berlin-based game to introduce Chris Barnes to Arc of Fire back in 2017. The realisation that this was nearly seven years ago is shocking!


8 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Interesting find 👍 Wall including it's excellent graffiti now in the terrain collection at The Unit 👍

Counterpane said...

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten you had it now!

Neil said...

Loving the Pete McKee whippet graffiti!

Counterpane said...

Cheers Neil. My talented daughter painted that!

Pete. said...

I too have a bit of the Berlin Wall- my uncle was and MP there when it came down.

Do you have a copy of the 2017 scenario that you mentioned please?

Cheers,

Pete.

Counterpane said...

Pete,

I have a horrible feeling I threw away the print-outs relating to that game during a clear-out just a few weeks ago but I'll have a search and see what I can find.

Pete. said...

Thank you- is it on the blog too btw?

Cheers,

Pete.

Counterpane said...

Here's the original post:

https://thelandofcounterpane.blogspot.com/2017/12/flashpoint-potsdamer-platz.html