Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Storage Wars

The lovely Baroness Counterpane was on one of her antique-scouting trips last week and messaged me with a photo of a rather nice storage cabinet she thought would do for figures. As we'd just had a reasonably satisfactory meeting with our financial advisor, we decided to get it.


With two drawers yet to use I've managed to empty fifteen of the box files I've previously used for 28mm figure storage. This has freed up half a shelf for terrain storage. The box files, or at least some of them, will be used for storing family paperwork replacing some of the forty-year-old cardboard folders in our filing cabinet.

There's still plenty of room to add more figures to this beast and the great advantage is that, because it's a nice-looking piece of furniture, it doesn't have to be tucked away in my workshop/games room.

3 comments:

Steve J. said...

That is a very nice storage unit and the sort of thing I'd love to have. However my recently re-used Ikea drawer units are performing the same service and have significantly reduced my box files scattered across the house, so they will more than do for the long term I'm sure.

Counterpane said...

Cheers Steve.

I'm fortunate that my wife is keen on antique furniture. This is the second or third piece of furniture that's allowed my toys to spread beyond the workshop without impinging on her interior design vision.

Tales from Shed HQ said...

That's a wonderful piece and very useful 👍