Monday, May 21, 2012

Triples 2012

Jamie and I had a very enjoyable, if tiring, day at Triples on Sunday helping Phil Gray run the SOTCW/Old Glory participation game.  

  
The game used Old Glory's 28mm infantry and tanks to portray a Soviet counterattack against the northern flank of the stalled Kursk offensive in 1943.  It was, I think, the first time I'd played the Great Patriotic War in "Duplo scale" and I have to say a 28mm T-34 is a satisfyingly chunky toy to move around.

A player urges his T-34s towards the German defensive line.
Note The Purple Dice of Doom, foreground.
I didn't get as much time to look around as I'd have liked but did see some interesting other games.

Nice Vietnam game.
 
Very nice demo game for the new Empire of the Dead rules from West Wind.
I'm assured they have no relationship to the previous West Wind product,
the truly execrable Vampire Wars.

Among the many film references in this game was this lovely
Time Machine. 

A very nice classic war game using Charles Grant's original rules from
The War Game.

A nice Crete game from the lads at Barnsley Association
of Wargamers.
Just a small section of a gigantic WW1 game.

No comments: