Sunday, August 28, 2016

Home-made Mistral

My Spanish Marines for the forthcoming Cold War Commanders big game at Broughton need some Mistral SAMs and while I hopefully have some coming from some of the guys taking part, I thought I'd have a go a scratch building a couple.

Mistral is a French-built pedestal-launched system.  The stats are comparable with the American shoulder-launched Stinger and that's how I'm going to point it in CWC.

When launched it has a distinctive signature, kicking up dust from the initial launching charge before the white rocket plume starts to form.



Having previously built a rocket battery for my Ottoman Turks, I had an idea of how I could do a 1/300th scale Mistral.  A little Green Stuff, some wire, and some hamster bedding gave me this:



I think it'll do until something better comes along.

8 comments:

Richard Naylor said...

Looks great to me! I hope they've got some transport for a quick get away as judging by the dust cloud and missile trail I think you'd have to shoot n'scoot after firing to survive.

Cheers
Richard N

Counterpane said...

Cheers, Richard. I think you may be right.

Unknown said...

Nice one Richard looks great

Counterpane said...

Cheers, Richard.

Can I just state that you don't have to be called Richard to comment on this post?

Unknown said...

Oh I thought you had to be :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy Canham said...

Great work, they will come in handy I'm sure.

Cheers, Andy

PS Call me Bruce or Richard or whatever if it keeps it simple.

Counterpane said...

Thanks Bruce or Richard!