Thursday, March 8, 2018

First Mexicans

I've painted the first two new figures for my Maximillian Adventure forces for Sharp Practice:


The chap on the left is a Republican guerrilla leader.  He's represented by a Foundry Wild West bandit who's been sitting un my unpainted figures box for years.

The other figure is the first of my Imperialist contra-guerrillas. He's built from the Perry plastic zouaves box.  I've carved down the baggy zouave breeches at the top of the legs and built up them up as trousers at the lower end.  At least another seven of those to do before I have a unit!

I said "new" figures because I already had a few Mexican figures I'd bought with a view to using in my Pulp Alley campaign.  I reckon they'll do fine as Republican guerrillas:



2 comments:

Phil said...

Great job Muchacho!

Counterpane said...

Thanks Phil.

I need to take a bit of a break from Mexico now, though, as I need to get some more 20mm scale Turks painted up for Crisis Point.