Sunday, April 7, 2019

Time for terrain

I've decided to spend a little while working on some 6mm terrain.  Nothing major, just making best use of some bits I've got lying around and trying to give my battlefields a lived-in look.

First up, I'm going to make a generic banked camp for my 6mm Late Roman forces.


It's very simple; just a piece of artist's mounting board cut to 150x75mm.  That's the size of two squares on my smaller To The Strongest! board. I've started glooping it with my usual coloured tile grout.

I've also dug out this resin castle.  I bought it years ago and it saw use once or twice as a Hordes of the Things stronghold.  It's slightly smaller than 6mm scale and one corner of the cast-on resin base has broken off.


What I think I'll do is mount it on a piece of PVC board shaped to give me a natural-looking hill.  It'll make a nice piece of set dressing for 6mm scale battles in any period from the Middle Ages onwards.  I think I might break off the other square corners as they tend to catch the eye even when buried in gloop.

Apart from that it's just a case of scrabbling around in the bits box to see what else I may have that can be turned into passable 6mm scale stuff.


2 comments:

Neil said...

I look forward to seeing the results. It's inspired me to tidy up my own hobby and put to use all the bits and bobs I've had lying round. So I shall be making some small lakes with some spare MDF bases, a multi storey car park and basing lots of trees. That's the plan anyway.

Counterpane said...

Thanks Neil. I'll try to keep going and post more pics.