I don't want to go into detail at this stage but Mark, Phil, Ron and Gus proved that my chosen mechanisms worked well simulating the process of getting lost in the trackless forests of Germania. We also demonstrated, though, that the process is too long-winded for a game at a Lardy Day. A thoroughly revised approach is called for.
| Florius Gracilis and his hunting party lead legionaries through the forest |
| Revolting Batavians |
The result of the game was a large amount of manoeuvring and negotiating; fascinating but again probably not suited to the Lardy Day experience. In particular, I'm expecting to cater for players at least some of whom want to experience Infamy Infamy for the first time. I'm going to rewrite the scenario to something far more conventional and straightforward.
-o0o-
On Wednesday, Dex and I went down to Patriot Games in Sheffield. We wanted to discuss some Steel Lard administrative matters with the staff but it also gave us the chance to get in another game of Infamy Infamy.
Because it's easy to transport, I brought along the latest revision of the Battle of Cirta scenario that I ran a week or so ago. I tweaked the rules for the effect of surprise on the defenders' ability to deploy onto the table. The result was that King Adherbal never made it onto the table and his royal guard arrived only after the battle was already lost.
| Dex's commander leads his horse through the enemy camp. The orange stars mark burned-out tents. |
| The Royal Guard arrive too late |
The result was a glorious victory for Dex. He's now going away to consider whether Infamy can be adapted to early medieval Ireland!
No comments:
Post a Comment