Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On the Workbench - bridge of size

I've not had much to show here for a while because I've been building battlegroups for the big Cold War Commander game in a couple of weeks and I don't want to reveal too much in advance.

Here, however, is an update on progress on the Arnhem Bridge from the-baggagetrain.com.


The bridge will go together a number of different ways depending on whether you want your river's surface flush with the banks or in a deeper channel.  For now I'm going to leave it as flexible as possible.


Construction so far has involved a large amount of super-gluing.  Following Steve's advice I've held off from washing the mould release agent from the delicate side girders until the main span is substantially glued together.  A wash will be doubly called for because I've been using Sodium Bicarbonate as a highly effective accelerator for the super glue.

2 comments:

Fire at Will said...

Looking good so far

Counterpane said...

It's now drying on the draining board!