Monday, November 9, 2015

Tercio De Armada Deployed

I decided to have a try out of my recently expanded 1980s Spanish marine brigade.   Yet again I set up a small solo game of CWC on the map chest in my workshop.  It pitted my 4,000 point TEAR against 2,000 points of defending pseudo-Soviet Arabs.  It looked like this:


I have neither many photos nor much of a write-up as it quickly became clear (four turns) that the scenario was one in which the Spanish would struggle.  I'd given them too much open ground to cover to reach their objectives.

The Spanish ended up largely hiding behind a hill, on which command and recce units deployed to try and bring down artillery fire on the enemy.


Who were a mix of dug-in infantry and T-55 tanks.


With only three main battle tanks (and those are outdated M48A3s) it's going to be a serious challenge to find a sensible task for this force in next September's Aegean Strike game.

4 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Looking good. They need a nice unopposed objective that they can dig in on and defend - I had a similar problem with the USMC at Arctic Strike.

Cheers, Andy

Counterpane said...

Chees, Andy. I think you're right.

They also need a fair amount of space to deploy. They travel five elements to each LVTP-7 so deployment zones can get cramped at typical CWC vehicle densities.

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Looking good, great to see your Spaniards in action.
Cheers
Richard P

Counterpane said...

Cheers, Richard.