More progress on the "cruiser" this evening.
Front and sides of the turret built up from plastic card. I'm in two minds as to whether to add a roof or to leave it open topped.
Then I added portholes to the superstructure. They are costumier's eyelets set into holes bored into the foamcore. You can also just see that I've added a piece of brass tube in the stern. This will allow me to swap in different nations' ensigns as required.
Next up I want to find some bits of plastic and a couple of lengths of chain so I can crudely represent the anchor chains for'ard. Oh and I need to decide how to represent crew access hatches on the superstructure.