Monday, April 3, 2017

And I'll sail her up the west coast...

Last month's flea market boat...


...has become a useful little barge that might see some use in Andreivia at the weekend...


Very much a rushed job. The lower and upper hull were held together by screws so it was easier to take it apart and remove unwanted parts.  I started by removing the moulded plastic face and the sticker decoration from the superstructure and various unwanted fittings from the deck, oh and the wheels (!) from the lower hull.

The removal of the face left a hole in the bodywork. I was able to turn this into a virtue. I ground out the hole with a grinding attachment in my modelling drill to make the entrance hatch.  This was surrounded by sliding doors made from plastic card.


I added an extra set of doors to the rear of the superstructure and a piece of brass tube to form a chimney.

Finally, I painted the barge where it needed it.  I might give it a once over with some Army Painter soft tone to see what effect that has.


3 comments:

Andrew Canham said...

Nice conversion. Turned out really well. Not long to go now.

Cheers Andy

Andrew Canham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard Phillips said...

Through villages and towns :-)

Not long now :-) Steak and Oyster Pie and a pint of Farmers please.

Cheers, Richard P