Thursday, May 18, 2017

Retreading the Boards

I have some two foot chipboard squares that have served as various types of terrain over the years.


They started out covered in permanently affixed 6mm terrain complete with roads, painted fields, pan scrub hedges and buildings.  I soon decided this was too restrictive (and a pain to store) and stripped the terrain off them. They've been repainted many times since then and seen many a HOTT battle. Of late, though they've been sitting unused other than as support for terrain cloths when using the spare bed as an impromptu gaming table.


I thought I might have a go at updating them to the standard of my more modern terrain.

The first issue is that several of them have rather ragged corners:


I'm trying to address this by rebuilding the corners with Milliput.  Not sure how strong and stable it'll be but we'll see when it's set.  For now it looks like this...



I have the day off on Monday and plan to spend the day doing a little light terraforming!




2 comments:

Counterpane said...

Good new is that the Milliput approach to corner repair seems to be pretty damned effective. The four corners I've done so far as rock-like. Onwards!

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Those are looking great Mr C. Very useful