I spent a pleasant couple of hours this evening listening to music and progressing the building of my 20mm scale signal tower.
First up I cut to shape the plastic strips I'd previously identified to give a sloping surface to the top of the parapet walls. As you can see I've also added a roof to the tower. This is made foamcore with floorboards scribed in with a pen.
There's a rare earth magnet embedded in the underside of the roof. It'll be useful when I come to install signal equipment in the tower.
Oh and I've cut some steps into the approach ramp.
And finally I've added the pantiles to the tops of the walls. They are made out of some fine corrugated cardboard.