Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Streets of Pavis

Having finished another building for Pavis, I thought I'd have a go at seeing what kind of set-up I could put together.  

Mixing in adobe buildings originally intended for Mexico and a couple of other suitable structures, I can field a believable two foot square chunk of the New City...


The structure in the fore-ground below is attempt at modelling one of the small guard-posts scattered around the city by the Lunar occupiers.  It's made from cocktail sticks and has a plant-frond roof made from fibres from a coir doormat. 


My plan is to make more terrain pieces that will do for either Prax or Mexico.  With one of the key Praxian terrain types being chaparral, it seems likely that the two are a good match.


The new building (see above and below) is a two-part structure with a mud brick part built onto a stout structure made of mortared stones.  I've decided that the roofs of a couple of the structures are too dark.  More dry-brushing to follow!


Oh, and the base board here is the one I use for twentieth century games.  I'll be using a paler desert-coloured board for actual games.

6 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

New Pavis starting to take shape. New buildings look great.
Cheers, Richard P

Counterpane said...

Thanks Richard.

Planning on playing a game Monday evening.

caveadsum1471 said...

Convincing mix of buildings that all seem to work together well, nice scratch building!
Best Iain

BigRedBat said...

Very nice Richard!

Counterpane said...

Thanks Iain. I have to say I enjoy making terrain probably a bit more than painting figures.

Counterpane said...

Thanks Simon.