Sunday, August 14, 2022

Second-hand bookshop find

The other day I decided to check out Porter Books, a second hand bookshop in Sheffield. I'd been unable to find any such while we were on holiday and really fancied a leisurely browse.

When I found the four volumes of Battles and Leaders of the Civil War - a history of the ACW that makes use of the writings of the commanders involved, I thought I'd treat myself. 

I hoped we wouldn't be looking at something north of £100 for the full set. As it turned out, the cost was just £20. Really good value for what looks like being excellent research material to support scenario design!


2 comments:

Cold War Commanders said...

Great find! I found Vol II and Vol III in one of our local charity shops but still looking for the rest.

Counterpane said...

Feel free to borrow my volumes if you need to refer to a particular battle!