Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Puebla siege works part two

So, after best part of a week with Kingspan, coffee stirrers, Polyfilla, paints, and static grass, I'm at the point where the French siege works for Puebla 1863 are in a usable state. If I needed to run the game next week I'd be happy with them as they are but doubtless I'll be inspired to add some additional improvements as we go on. 


Some bits to make the place look lived-in would help. A bucket and rope by the well for example.  I'd also like to do more to disguise the joins between the modules. I have some ideas of how to do that. I'll let you know how they go on.


With this work finished and a large portion of the scenario design done, I'm really looking forward to presenting this game. 

As an experienced designer of wargames scenarios I can tell you straight up that this one shouldn't work. A frontal assault on a defended enemy position could be a bloodbath. However, this is Sharp Practice; it's a game that emphasises the narrative and the interactions of the significant leaders on each side. This going to be a game where victory may look very different to what you expect!

6 comments:

Neil Patterson said...

Very impressive work!
Neil

Andy Canham said...

Great looking terrain!

Steve J. said...

Looks superb!

Counterpane said...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive comments!

Tales from Shed HQ said...

That's looking fantastic 👍 Great work Mr C 👏

Counterpane said...

Thanks Richard!