Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Flea Market Finds

My weekly check on the flea market in Sheffield turned up trumps this time.  I always look out for boats I can convert into warns models and this time I've found two.

The first find was this chap from the Tomy Thomas the Tank Engine range:


I suspect it will make some kind of motorised landing barge, though I'm not sure I'll get anything done with it before April's game.

The same probably applies to this Rolls Royce, which I'd ideally have ready for use by the Turks in Andreivia.


The star find, though, was this...


To the manufacturer it may be a Spongebob Squarepants Pirate Ship but to me it has every prospect of becoming a 28mm scale sloop.  It's about 18" long to the tip of the bowsprit and I knew at once I was going to have it. When the asking price turned out to be £1... well, it would have been rude not to....


I can see it making an excellent addition to a future set up for The Pikeman's Lament. Indeed Michael Leck has already done something similar.  I intend to take inspiration from his work (or if you prefer, to steal his ideas!).

4 comments: