Saturday, March 1, 2014

More Progress on the Andreivian Coaster

I'm still plugging away on converting the Revell 1/142nd scale trawler into a 1/72nd scale trading vessel.


Unfortunately because I'm working mostly in black plastic card there isn't a lot to see.  I'm reminded of that bit in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy about "I press a black button on a black panel and a little black light lights up black to show me I've done it."

In fact I've built a new superstructure and added a hatch with a porthole to the front of it.  Windows will follow next.  I've also plated over the hole left by removing the winch and made a new single, large hatch-cover to replace two smaller ones.  I've removed or omitted all of the under-scale railings and filled the mounting holes with green stuff.  When I've done the windows and found a suitable ships boat I can begin rigging and painting.

No comments: