Despite spending little of the weekend at home, I've managed to make some progress on my block of shops.
First up I added some signs. They were printed at high res on my inkjet printer on high quality matt paper and then glued to thick card before being cut out. I then added a coating of see-through sticky-backed plastic. This serves two purposes. Firstly to make the sign look like a glossy plastic shop-front display and secondly to protect the sign during the next stage of the process.
Next I glued the signs in place and then painted the whole building exterior with textured masonry paint. This gives a nice concrete render feel. I then began painting the whole building grey, painting right up to the signs in the knowledge that I could wipe off any paint that found its way onto the fronts of the signs.
I then painted the pavement in a dark grey (GW Charadon Granite).
Next, the pavement got an over all dry-brush of a lighter grey than that used on the building.
The wording on the signs was achieved using my usual technique of looking up words in an appropriate on-line dictionary. For Andreivian I use an English-Georgian dictionary and then do my best to transliterate from the Georgian alphabet to the Latin. I decided long ago that the Andreivians use the Latin script as it saves repainting an awful lot of stuff.
Finally for now, the floors of the rear yards have had a base coat of a dark earth colour. Also I've given a couple of the doors a first coat of paint and added coffee-stirrer barge boards to the top of the eaves.