Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I've Got a Table

I spent some time over the weekend tidying the absent Jamie's bedroom and making room for a folding table we recently acquired from friends who were clearing an elderly relative's house.

Having set up the table I thought (a) this might be big enough for a small game, and (b) I could leave something set up here for weeks without it being disturbed.

So here we go.  I've dusted off (literally) Sixth Fleet and will be exploring the solo joys of 1980s-style hex-and-counter boardgaming.


Now can I remember how this works?

Update: I can now. Played the "Aircraft Carrier Operations" scenario.  Marginal victory for the Americans; they lost USS Kennedy but wreaked havoc among the Soviet convoys first.

3 comments:

Pete. said...

Nice- 6th Fleet still is a decent game.

Cheers,

Pete.

Counterpane said...

Yeah. The later games have slightly tweaked rules (close combat instead of the useless gunnery) but there's something about having a map that covers the whole of the Mediterranean basin...

Pete. said...

I did have the mad idea to use it for map movement then play out any attacks using the Shipwreck rules. I may still yet.

Cheers,

Pete.