Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Speed-painted Rifles

These days I seem to be more and more concentrating on getting figures done to a basic standard I can be satisfied to use in games rather than painting each one as well as I possibly can.  It's quite a liberated state of mind and one that's taken me more than thirty years to achieve!

The latest off the workbench are these 95th Rifles (seen half-finished in the previous post).  I've made one of them into a sergeant and for added distinction given him a dark green band round his base.  I think I might do this for all of my Leaders (in Arc of Fire terms) and Big Men (for Sharp Practice).



In line with my policy of naming Big Men after  famous
biologists, this shall be Sergeant Haldane.

2 comments:

Broeders said...

I've gone for this in 6mm. I was taking far too long to paint up figures. Changed to a more basic style (blocking colours) and not only got them out much quicker but I can't tell the difference between 'new' and 'old' painting styles.

Counterpane said...

Yeah, I think there a few tricks like doing a few fine details to attract the eye. in this case it's the face and the edging on the cuffs.