Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Irish Kern

The latest unit to be dragged from the obscurity of unused storage is this clump of Irish kern.


I bought them some years ago.  Can't remember which manufacturer they are by.  They've done good service as Sartarites in games of Gloranthan Hordes of the Things and Basic Impetus Fantasy but now they will return to their historical identity as a unit of Lion Rampant Fierce Foot (or perhaps two units of Bidowers).


These guys match pretty well the sources I've seen for sixteenth century Irish troops.  I'd like to use them as Irish mercenaries in fifteenth century Europe to bulk up my Swiss and forthcoming Burgundians but I've not come across any evidence to justify this yet.  More research needed.


3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Lovely unit,I believe they are Redoubt miniatures.

Phil said...

Nice looking figures!

Counterpane said...

Cheers, guy! It does look like they are by Redoubt.