Wednesday, January 13, 2016

One the Workbench - Medieval Miscellany

I've been having a go at resurrecting an old figure and completing a sculpt I began many years ago.

First up is this ancient (probably late 70s) RAFM hand gunner.  I bought a pack of these in Games Workshop in Sheffield back in the days (1982 or so) when they sold non-Citadel models and Pete Berry was the shop manager.  Amazingly enough you can still buy these figures from Keep Wargaming!


The figure on the left is unmodified and painted in about 1990.  The figure on the right is midway through being converted to join my new Swiss force for Lion Rampant.  His kettle-hatted head is a spare from the Perry English Wars of the Roses Infantry box.  He also has a sword (not visible here) from the same source.  I've used Green Stuff to turn his peculiar fringed epaulettes into the puffed shoulders of a jack.  Painted version shortly.

Then we have a mounted bowman.  Having recently bought the Perry plastics light cavalry box I don't actually need this figure but it surfaced from the spares box a couple of evenings ago and I just knew I had to have a go at it.


The horse is, I think, by Lamming; one of a batch I picked up dirt cheap from Games of Liverpool.  This means it's no younger than about 1985!

The body of the figure I sculpted from Fimo and Milliput some time in the late 80s or early 90s.  The head was from a QT Models archer.


To these ancient parts I've added arms and weapons from the Perry WOTR box and sculpted details from Green Stuff.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this one comes out.




4 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

And there was me thinking Lilliput was fictional island in the South Indian Ocean :-)

Counterpane said...

F___ing autocorrect!

Springinsfeld said...

Good foraging...Lamming, QT, Rafm....these names take me back (still very nice figures).

Counterpane said...

Never throw anything away! Mind you, I am running out of space!