Tuesday, May 10, 2016

On the Workbench - more Burgundians

I'm running another game of Lion Rampant in about ten days and I wanted to add another unit as we're likely to have more than one player a side.  Digging through the stash, I found I could make another unit of mounted men at arms.  I need to get one finished every two evenings.  As you can see, I'm under way...



Most of the figures are from the Perry plastic men at arms box.  One of the exceptions is this guy:


...who's an old Foundry metal figure.  He had an open hand and a cast metal lance but I've lost count of the number of times hand and lance parted company so I've given him a plastic battle axe from the Perry plastics set.  He rides a rather small horse, manufacturer unknown; one of a lot I picked up cheap and riderless at Games of Liverpool about 35 years ago!  I've added a bit of extra height to the base so he won't look too out of place alongside the large Perry horses.

Finally we have a bit of a composite.  This started off life built straight from the Perry light cavalry box.  Unfortunately, though, he was captured and badly mauled by our puppy whilst he was still at the undercoat stage. He lost both arms, his head, and the horse's tail and left rear foot.  I've added a bare head from the men-at-arms box, arms with trumpet from the bill and bow set and a horse tail cut down from an Airfix 54mm figure.  I never throw such things away - you never know when they will come in handy.  I just need to sculpt the missing fetlock from Green Stuff and we're away.



2 comments:

Richard Phillips said...

Looks like a great bit of recycling. Look forward to seeing these finished.
Cheers
Richard P

Counterpane said...

Cheers, Richard. Shouldn't be long!