Thursday, May 31, 2012

Swedes on the Wing

I've always liked the Saab JA-37 Viggen.  We were away on a family holiday in North Wales when I was  about nine years old and my parents bought me the latest Observer's Book of Aircraft:


Nearly forty years old and still going strong!

And now I have some Viggens of my very own!  Richard Phillips has kindly sent me some spare models; two Viggens, two Drakens, and half a dozen Pbv302s.


One of the Drakens will be painted up in Ilmavoimat (Finnish Air Force) colours and the others will support my developing Swedish armoured brigade:


2 comments:

Broeders said...

I used to have that book! I thought the Viggen was the best looking plane around.

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Swedish Battlegroup looking good. Can't wait to see the Viggens painted up properly. I believe their previous owner before me used them for a fictitious army called Nordland which is why they are painted like that.

Richard P