Friday, August 19, 2016

And he crosses the line...

These twelve Late roman legionaries (from the Gripping Beast Plastics boxed set) get me to 28 figures painted in my self-imposed timescale.




These guys continue my newly found conviction that "finished is good enough".  I don't pretend that they are great paint jobs; indeed a few years ago I'd have been very unsatisfied with them.  I'd also not have got close to finishing them in the time these have taken.  However, they are done and I'll be able to use them in my planned Lion Rampant Bacaudae campaign.

6 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Congratulations. They look cool. I'm working on a setoff them myself. Did you use shield transfers and if so whose?

Cheers, Andy

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Well done Mr C. A very productive time.
Cheers
Richard P

Counterpane said...

Andy,

Yes, I used the Little Big Men transfers made specially for GB Late Romans. They're available from the GB website.

I bought an assorted pack too for my Bacaudae.

Counterpane said...

Richard - cheers, I've made good use of a few days off.

Andy Canham said...

Thanks Richard. I picked up a couple of packs from Steve Oates at the Baggage Train. Hopefully they work as well as yours.

Cheers, Andy

Counterpane said...

Andy, just make sure you paint the front surface of the shields white before you apply them. It really is necessary.