Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Hay, Hay, My, My

I needed some haystacks for the next Lion Rampant game.  Searching through the bits box I found some off-cuts of the PVC board I've started using for basing my terrrain projects, some bits of the foam you get in the back of bubble packs of figures, and some offcuts of doormat too small to make wheat fields.

I started by cutting the PVC board into rough 3" circles with chamfered edges. I then ripped the bits of foam into irregular shapes and glued them to the board in piles.

I applied my usual paint-and-tile-grout ground covering around the edges and used PVA to stick on fibres from the doormat.


When the PVA had dried I painted/dripped watered-down PVA one the top to seal everything in place.

When that had dried I painted the whole thing with cheap brown acrylic paint (from Home Bargains).


More drying time and then a couple of progressively paler dry brushes over the top and there you go...


Just ripe for some raider to either steal or set alight!

4 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

Rock and roll will never die.

A J said...

Very effective. They'd make good concealment places for a 'hunt the loot/fugitive' style game.

Counterpane said...

Now there's a thought - we will probably get around to playing the scenario called The Fugitive at some point!

Counterpane said...

@Firemonkeyboy:

...these haystacks are gonna fry!