Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the Workbench - Ducks!

I'm running a big Hordes of the Things game over the mid-Winter holiday period and I always like to add a new unit if I can for these games. I've dug some old Tabletop Miniatures (previously Dragonclaw) Duck archers to see what I can do with them.


Ducks shouldn't, in my view, be uniform so I'm converting each of them to some extent. The figure on the left has had his helmet plume removed and his arm repositioned to look like he's reaching for an arrow.

The middle figure is in pretty much the original pose (complete with distinctively raised finger). Again I've removed his plume. The final figure (right) has had most work dome to him. His head has been turned through 180 degrees and he's gained a second raised finger from brass wire so he can show his opinion of his Lunar enemies. Next step will be to add green stuff to sculpt in the fingers and clean up the neck join.

No comments: