Friday, September 16, 2011

Off to Barnsley Tomorrow

The life of the Events Co-ordinator for an international wargames society is perhaps not as glamorous as some would suppose but every so often one does get to experience the highlights.  And what could be more redolent of glamour than a trip to Barnsley, that jewel of the West Riding?

SOTCW will be "gathering" at the premises of Barnsley Association of Wargamers tomorrow to play the odd game and maybe drink the odd pint.

I've been suffering of late from the twin evils of pressure of work and demotivation brought on by society politicking so I've not done as much as perhaps I should have in terms of promoting the event but there has been a rash of volunteers to put on games so things shouldn't be too awful.

Maybe I'll manage to off-load some of the lead pile.  Maybe I'll come back enthused to get on with some of my old projects.  We shall see.    

No comments: