Wednesday, May 31, 2017

On the Workbench - Celtic Leader

Celts, especially Celts of some authority, deserve to be painted in a reasonable quantity of plaid and checks.  Hence this guy, an old Lamming 25mm figure I acquired from eBay, who I've just painted this evening.


Actually the bright direct flash does him no favours.  There's rather more shading and highlighting than shows up in these pics.


This chap will form up front and centre in a war band (a unit of Warriors in To The Strongest! terms) that I hope to have finished this weekend.


2 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Looking good. Be nice to see him at the head of his warband.

Cheers, Andy

Counterpane said...

Cheers, Andy. Three or four more figures to do.

My problem in resurrecting these old figures is that I have only a limited number of poses. I don't want to end up with a unit of Celts all waving their javelins (ooh er missus) in precisely the same way. Creating 16-man warbands becomes an exercise in choreography as much as painting.