Friday, August 18, 2017

Sort of Ancients

I'm busy painting Republican Romans in 28mm at present and there's not much in the way of completed work to show here.  I'm half way through a box of 60 Victrix legionaries but enthusiasm is waning so productivity has been higher than it is right now.

By way of a change of pace I thought I'd dig out what I have in my Glorantha collection that could work for ancients-period To The Strongest! games.

These Achaemenid Persians were bought for use as Lunar Empire troops in Prax (hence the desert-y basing).  I don't have any other Persian troops of that period to go with them but I wonder if I could stretch a point and use them in a Seleucid force?


Then we have my Sun Domers. These were mostly made from a pack of Black Tree Designs (I think) Spartans.  There are a few Foundry Greeks in there too.  I can make one nice, deep hoplite unit...


... and another smaller one with a few singly based Heroes.


I guess these guys could serve in the army of one of the Hellenistic kingdoms or at a pinch as mercenaries for my Carthaginians?

Finally, there's also a unit of bow-armed light infantry for the same force.


The distinctively Sun Domer blonde hair may be a bit of a problem....






3 comments:

Phil said...

Very nicely done, love your Achaemenid Persians...

BigRedBat said...

I'm sure you could use the Persians. Also re blonde hair- this wasn't uncommon amongst the ancient Greeks. I shouldn't repaint too much, we might get back to Glorantha, some day! :-)

Counterpane said...

Thanks, guys!