Monday, August 10, 2020

More adobe housing

Tidying up the piles of crap in my workshop on Friday evening I came across a nice, strong box that was just crying out to be used to store a 28mm scale building. In a rush of creativity I cut out and chamfered the edges of a sheet of PVC board to fit in the box and super-glued onto it a building I'd started weeks ago.

The  building is yet another adobe house made from a no-longer-needed iPhone box. These boxes are strong with clean lines unspoilt by visible folds or seams.  I added a small foam-core wall around the roof.


As you can see, I also scored planks into the roof, added a courtyard wall from more foam-core and coated the whole thing with Tetrion filler coloured with acrylic paint.


The courtyard door I made from plastic card because both sides would have to be visible. The other doors are thin cardboard with coffee-stirrer jambs and lintels and twisted wire handles. Lengths of bamboo skewer form the roof beams.

To provide some visual interest in the rear courtyard I built a well out of foam-core, thin card and leftover bits of MDF.

I'm now underway with painting the thing. More pics when I'm done.


3 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Very nice Mr C. I particularly like the well, nice touch.
Cheers, Mr P

James Tech said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Counterpane said...

Cheers Richard