Friday, August 21, 2020

A few more Woebetides pics

I thought I'd post some more of the photos I took during last month's Woebetides game "A Bridge Too Far Up-River.

In the pic below we can see the French arriving on the banks of the Borno River, right next to the British bridge. Kulwin Bey's sepoys have landed on the near bank whilst the larger group, under de Frou-Frou are making their way to the bridge on the far side. 

"Longue" Jean Argent can be seen in front of the mast of the lead dhow.
 

This later picture shows the bridge demolition under way. Well underway, in fact; the two dice next to the bridge mark the French sappers' progress with their task.

In he foreground, the French marines under Lt Perbais have fallen back on their boat with a lot of Shock.


Finally, and I'm not sure why I omitted it from the original post, here are Ensign Tom Laine and his chaps scaling the western crag.  Sadly they were too late to prevent the French escaping!


4 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Great fun . I like the look of your game, what make are the figures?

tradgardmastare said...

Forgot to ask have you any developments in the Paris project in mind?

Counterpane said...

The figures? Well, there's a real mix there.

Ensign Laine is from a Last of the Mohicans characters set, Foundry I think. His men are converted from plastic AWI colonial militia. from Warlord.

The engineers are Warlord Colonial Settlers.

The Sepoys are from the Perry plastic Mahdist Ansar with a few minor conversions.

Other figures are a mixture of Foundry, Warlord and Citadel!

Counterpane said...

Presume you mean Pavis (I know, bloody autocorrect).

It's a bit on the back burner right now. I might do a bit more by Skype or Zoom but at the moment my focus is on running some Traveller RPG for the family.