Saturday, February 18, 2023

Union Forces Progress Report

Regulars here will know that, over the last year or so, I've been busy painting ACW figures for Sharp Practice. I thought I'd take stock and provide a picture of progress to date on the Union side. I'll follow up with the Confederates shortly.


Starting at the front and going from left to right we have a group of six Mississippi Marine Brigade skirmishers with a sergeant in charge and then two mounted cavalry leaders; a lieutenant and a corporal.

Second row sees two groups of Mississippi Marine Brigade infantry in line led by an officer who is accompanied by a drummer. Then we have two groups of dismounted cavalry with officers and one of mounted cavalry.

The third row has three groups of generic line infantry (an Illinois regiment was attached to the MMB) and then at the back there are a few engineers (I didn't include the half figures who are up to their waists in water), an MMB artillery crew, and finally my field hospital.

The field hospital was completed recently so here's a first view of all of the components together:


The figures are a real mixture of Perry plastics and metals, Artizan Plains Infantry, and assorted secondhand figures.

Looking back at my painting diary I see that I've produced these (and their Confederate opponents) since late November 2021. I'm quite pleased with that productivity.

3 comments:

Steve J. said...

Lovely work there for sure and look forward to seeing them in action:).

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Excellent as always Mr C. Do love the Mississippi Marine Brigade. Look forward to seeing them on the table again soon.

Counterpane said...

Thanks Steve and Richard! There may be a chance to get them on the table shortly.