Tuesday, February 15, 2022

On the workbench - Starport Security office (updated)

Updated to correct the name of the supplier of the prison cell furniture
I've had several bits of sci-fi terrain from Scotia for a while and I've finally started turning them into a Starport Security station. 


The structure is foamcore as usual. I've used it for the walls and, unusually, also for the floor. I did this because the Scotia resin pieces feature 5mm thick bases and in some cases walls too. By cutting away one layer of the facing paper and the foam behind it, I can set the Scotia pieces flush with the interior walls and floor.

So far the building has a single floor with reception area (it'll be getting a counter for the desk sergeant to stand behind), a locker room, a small store room, a cell for miscreants, and an access ladder to upper floors and to the basement.


The bed, toilet and washbasin in the cell are from Actualsize Miniatures, who I met at the recent Penkridge war-game sale.

Since taking the pics I've painted the tops of the walls black and started on a roof. The plan is that I can add as many upper storeys as I like given a sufficient supply of foamcore but for now there'll just be a roof with a nice Scotia resin hatch above the interior ladder.

I also need to decide how I'm going to finish the exterior of the building. I fancy something different from my usual Tetrion adobe approach.

3 comments:

Ski said...

Very nice!

Counterpane said...

Thanks Ski. Starting on the exterior tonight.

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Looking good Mr C, looking forward to our Rogue Stars game later this month 👍