Saturday, February 19, 2022

Warrior!

Just finished this evening in another plastic kit but this time one that I can definitely see coming in useful in a war-game. 

I'm not sure where I bought this Trumpeter 1/72nd scale kit of the British Warrior MICV but as you can see I only paid a fiver for it.


This is a really nice kit and I think it's probably worth getting on for twice price that if you want a Warrior to support your British infantry.

It's a fairly easy build with all the parts going together cleanly with very few gaps. The tracks and the outer road wheels are moulded as a single piece - so no messing about with individual track links or rubber band tracks.


The moulding is nice and crisp with excellent detail. The only slight concern I have about using it in games is the potential vulnerability of the wing mirrors.


The black-and-white illustration of the paint scheme and where to put the decals would be better in colour. I got a bit confused and put the rear vehicle number plate in the wrong location. By the way the vehicle comes with two sets of these so if you bought two kits you wouldn't have to scratch around for spares so as to avoid having two vehicles with the same number in your force.


I'm pleased with this model and I look forward to seeing it in support of the NATO intervention force in Andreivia.

3 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Very nice Mr C. Excellent addition to NATOs forces in Andreivia.

Counterpane said...

Thanks. Already damaged one of the mirrors taking it off the workbench!

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Battle scar 😂😂