Friday, September 2, 2022

I'm not long for this world!

Barring a few bits of assorted junk, these six Goth cavalry represent the end of my 28mm lead (and plastic) mountain. And as we know, a wargamer with no figures left to paint must soon meet his maker!


They are built pretty much straight out of the Gripping Beast plastic Dark Ages Cavalry box. I may have used a few parts from the Late Roman Heavy Cavalry pack.


As usual, I've tried to go with reasonably muted colours appropriate for pre-industrial dye technology but I used a few greyish-blue colours as these guys are likely to be among the better off elements of a Goth force. The blue tunics look rather brighter in the picture than they do in reality.

The plan is to use them to play Lion Rampant but I may also have a go at adapting Infamy Infamy to the fourth century.

4 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

They look great mate! Sounds like a trip to the Wargames Emporium is required due to the medical emergency 😁

Fire at Will said...

Very poor retirement planning, you'll just have to become a contract painter for some other gamers!!

Steve J. said...

Lovely work there and time for some reinforcements to the lead pile to stave off the grim reaper.

Counterpane said...

Thanks for the comments guys.

As it happens I found three Arthurian types that I'd prepped for painting a few months back so I'm good for a couple of days at least. Should be enough time to put my affairs in order!