Saturday, July 10, 2021

On the workbench

Most of my focus recently has been on getting terrain finished for the Woebetides. I've got the Wali of Smut's palace done - it's an MDF caravansaray very kindly sent me by Richard Phillips. Pictures when I can arrange a suitable photo session.

In between sessions on the palace I've managed to get finished some other 28mm stuff. The Crisis Point big game will need lots of Deployment Points and Plot Points and the latest are just completed:


This first one is obviously best suited to the native Woebetideus but might pass for Arab if need be.  The jars and baskets are Foundry, the duck is from a farmyard animals set I bought at Claymore (not sure of the manufacturer).


Next up we have a nicely generic scene of a goat browsing on the undergrowth.


Goat again from the farmyard animals set.


Lastly as far as plot points go we have this clump of elephant grass with skull.


The skull is from the same Foundry African village accessories set as the jars and baskets. The grass is from broom bristles.  Again a nicely generic one this.

I took delivery of some Pendraken 10mm models (for a project that'll appear here later) that Tom Davis added to an order he was putting in. When I picked up the 10mm stuff, Tom kindly gave me a few figures he had no use for (and at the same time I palmed off a load of 15mm toys on him). A couple of the figures are already done a couple of weeks later.


This chap with the Nock Volley Gun was already painted up as Sergeant Harper of the 95th Rifles. However the paintwork was a bit scraped and I've no plans to do the Peninsular War in 28mm as I've already covered it in 20mm. 

There is a plan, however, to do the 1812 Riga campaign with Sharp Practice. I therefore carved off the shoulder straps and repainted Harper as a member of a Royal Navy landing party. He'll be transferred to Richard Phillips to aid his Russians against my Prussians (when they're eventually painted).


Another figure from Tom was this Victorian chap.


I think he's another Foundry model. He was a joy to paint and I had him done within a couple of days of picking him up from Tom.  I'm running Cortina at Matamoros in November at Steel Lard - the first time the game's appeared to players not via Zoom link. I think this chap may appear among the civilians in the street to help remind players that 1867s Mexico doesn't entirely match the peons-in-a-village picture of The Magnificent Seven.


1 comment:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Most excellent Mr C 👍 Loving the Napoleonic Naval figure.