Thursday, October 7, 2021

Yet more for the Cold War

 My return to painting 1/300th scale stuff for Cold War Commander continues. 


left - ACRV-2, right - AT-T with Small Yawn radar

ACRV-2 is a command and artillery observation vehicle, while the Small Yawn (NATO codename) is a mortar locating radar system.  

I had assumed the AT-T was over-scale but when I checked the dimensions of the vehicle in Isby (it's 6.99m long) it seems it's about right.

I'd normally put these models on a larger base for use as a CO element in Cold War Commander but to be honest I have more CO units than I need.

Instead, I'm considering running some small solo games shamelessly stealing ideas from Neil McCusker's Khemed campaign. These guys might be useful as stand-ins for a coastal missile battery for my Spanish Marine Brigade to take out in the early 1990s.

No comments: