Tuesday, April 11, 2023

What A Cowboy scenery

I started recently building terrain for the game I plan to run at Steel Lard 2023. I'm not going to reveal the details at this stage other than to say that I'm heading in the direction of What A Cowboy.

First thing completed was this firemen's hose reel.


Apart from using the wheels from the Airfix French Napoleonic Artillery set, it's all scratch built.

I also built this fire engine out of various bits from the spare parts box.




Finally we have a water tower modelled on an actual example somewhere in the southern USA.


Construction is my usual foamcore box technique. I've used cardboard and angle-section plastic to plate the water tank and applied Warbases laser cut card tiles to the roof. 




6 comments:

Steve J. said...

Lovely scratch building efforts once again:).

Counterpane said...

Thanks Steve!

Andy T said...

This is looking a bit Gangs Of New York Mr C.

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Great work Mr C, love the fire engine 👍

Counterpane said...

Thanks Andy. I guess it is (not having seen the film) but that's not where I'm going at this stage!

Counterpane said...

Cheers Richard! Personally I'm rather more pleased with the hose reel but that's because I know what the original looks like.