Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Having a clear-out

In an effort to make some space in the games room, I'm selling off some books. Not looking to make a profit, just to ship things out, hopefully to where they'll be helpful to people. Message me by commenting below if you're interested.

First on the list is this hardback book from Histoire et Collections:


If you're familiar with Eric Micheletti's work for Raids magazine you'll know what to expect; lots of excellent photographs of French special forces in action, descriptions of equipment and organisation, and accounts of operations from search and rescue in the Pyrenees to counter-insurgency in Comoros. Hardback, 160 A4 pages, excellent condition.

I'm asking for £6.00 and postage should be about £3.00 (if I'm not seeing you at some gaming event in the next few months).


Next on the list is the Greenhill Armoured Fighting Vehicles Data Book, by Ian Hogg. 

A pretty comprehensive cataloguing of armoured vehicles giving a brief description followed by armament, armour, crew weight dimensions engine details, road-speed and power:weight ratio for each vehicle. A great starting point if you're building you own rules for mechanised warfare!

I'd like £5.00 for this and again postage, if needed, should be about £3.00. Hardback, 368 pages 250x190mm, excellent condition.


The Blitzkrieg Campaigns - Germany's 'Lightning War' Strategy in Action by John Delaney is an overview of the the invasions of Poland, France, and the Low Countries, and of Operation Barbarossa. There's a good introductory account of the campaigns with some decent maps, and loads of black and white photographs. 


£3.00 will buy this one, £2.00 postage and packing if required. Hardback, 176 pages 280x230mm. Good condition - slight fading to spine of dust jacket and Bargain Books price tag on front. 


And finally for now, World War II in Photographs by David Boyle is a massive beast. 600 roughly A4-sized pages, it gives a descriptions of events but it's mainly useful for the thousands of black and white photographs covering both the Europeans and Pacific Theatres.


£5.00 will buy it, again with a postage and packing rate of £3.00 if necessary. It's in good condition - just a very slight rip to the corner of dust jacket.

That'll do for now. More when I get pictures taken. Terrain and figures may follow later.


10 comments:

Pete. said...

I'm intrerested in the French Special Ops book- what year was it published btw?

I'm happy to pay postage but what wargames shows are you likley to be at this year?

Cheers,

Pete.

Counterpane said...

Pete,

It's dated 1999; slightly older than I'd have guessed looking at it.

At present, my only firm plans are to be at Joy of Six in Sheffield and a couple of Lardy Days (Ebor Lard near York assuming it happens this year) and Steel Lard in Sheffield in November.

What other options are there? I'm a bit out of touch with what's coming up.

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Can I have the Blitzkrieg one please 👍

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Partizan on the 21st May

Counterpane said...

Blitzkrieg book is spoken for. Thanks Richard!

Counterpane said...

I'll bring the Blitzkrieg book on Monday.

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Great thanks 👍

Pete. said...

I'll be at Joy of 6 so if I could get the book from you there that would be great.

Cheers,

Pete.

Counterpane said...

Pete

No problem, I'll bring it along.

I'll be at the Cold War Commanders table running one of two "Prague Summer 1948" participation game.

Richard

Pete. said...

Excellent - thank you. I'll find you on the day.

Cheers,

Pete.